Thursday, June 3, 2010

Organizational Learning a Bottoms Up Approach

I once asked a very successful business man whom I was working for, what is it that I can do to make you happy?

He said with a smile on his face, "Just excel in everything you do and never stop learning."

I did not understand what he meant back then, but he knew exactly what he was asking me to do.

Although my ability to excel and become successful within his organization did help me advance up the ranks, but it was my excelling that truly propelled his business forward. The lesson that I learned from that one little conversation has really come a long way in shaping my thoughts today about organizational learning strategies.

The success of any organization lies in the personal and professional growth that the lowest level member undertakes as part of his or her development cycle. Because if the organizational member at the bottom grows everyone on top rises.

No comments:

Post a Comment